The church dates back to the 12th century. It stands in a commanding position overlooking the junction of the A32 and B2177 roads. Much of the church is in Early English style, with some significant 13th century features. The exterior flint wall, the tower and spire, and most of the stained glass were added during the Victorian era. The church is faced mainly with flint. It was extensively altered in Victorian times, when a tower was added to the west face. The nave has pew seating for 100, and there is room for a further 75 chairs in the two transepts. There are some fine examples of Victorian stained glass windows. The Lady Chapel, enclosed by a glass screen beautifully etched by a local artist, provides a place of sanctuary for private prayer or for small gatherings. It is furnished with an altar, a votive stand and a prayer board and 25 chairs. In the south transept there is a notable monument to a former Lord of the Manor; the priest’s vestry and a small commemorative case to William of Wykeham who was born here in 1324.
The churchyard has very few grave spaces remaining but contains a Garden of Remembrance for the interment of ashes. There is a small car park opposite the rectory.
The Church Room, with kitchen and toilets, is adjacent to the North Transept